To install and maintain your new water-saving showerhead, follow the steps below.
- Remove the current showerhead from the shower arm by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Before installing the new showerhead, clean the shower arm threads.
- Turn on the water to wash out the pipe. TURN OFF THE WATER.
- Apply a few layers of plumber’s tape directly to the shower arm threads in a clockwise direction to create a watertight seal.
- Check that the screen washer is seated firmly into the showerhead before tightening.
- Hand-tighten the showerhead onto the shower arm. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
To clean, unscrew showerhead and remove any foreign particles. Soak the showerhead nozzle in hydrogen peroxide or vinegar.